Dan’s Almost-Famous Frittata
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red potato
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- Pinch of salt
- Some fresh ground pepper
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 very thin slices of tomato
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Microwave potato 3 to 4 minutes, then dice.
- Saute onions, then green pepper in small cast iron pan with half the oil. Set aside.
- hen fry potatoes in remaining oil, adding spices.
- When guests arrive, mix all vegetables in pan. Cover with eggs, then with tomato slices and Parmesan. Cook on stovetop until eggs firm, then put pan under broiler until fully set and Parmesan starts to brown like on a pizza.
- Cut in half and check for doneness. Serve on well-insulated trivet.